- The TreeView control is the container for displaying the parent/child relationships.
- The TreeView control contains 1 – N tree nodes.
- A tree node represents an element in the parent/child relationship.
- A tree node can be the parent and/or child of other tree nodes.
- Tree nodes that have child nodes can be expanded to display their child nodes.
- Tree nodes that have child nodes can be collapsed to hide their child nodes.
- Tree nodes have a property named NodeData that can be used to store meta-data.
- Tree nodes can display images (think of Windows Explorer where an image of either a closed or open folder is displayed).
how to use in asp.net application:
What is the NodeData property?
Preparing to build the examples
Learn More About TreeView