Use of QueryString:
For Sending values to another page we will use QueryStringProperty of Request Object. While searching on the net you may see URL's like
Need of Encoding and Decoding QueryString:
URL of QueryString should contain only ASCII characters. So if you are passing other than ASCII Characters then they need to be encoded.
- Asp.Net Framework provides two methods for
- For Encoding and Decoding characters.
Advantages of QueryString:
- Easy to use and Efficient Technique
- Light weight and not consume any server resource.
- Seo Friendly. Where user can bookmark pages easily
- Broad Support. Almost all browsers and devices support this.
- Limited Capacity: Most browsers and client and devices allow to URL Length 255 characters limit.
- We can pass information in string format only, to pass objects and large volumes of data we have to do lot more things.
- Security: Information send through Query String we will see this on url so the data not be secured.
QueryString Class Hierarchy;