Benefits of Stored Procedures:
- Stored Procedures reduce the overhead of compiling each time.
- Stored Procedures also help in preventing SQL Injections since parameters are used in it.
- Create once and call it N number of times
- Reduce traffic since instead of whole query only stored procedure name is sent from front end
- You can give selected users right to execute a particular stored procedure.
How to create stored procedure in sql:
- Create by code.
- Create by GUI.
Sql- Create a Stored Procedure by sql code:
How to Run This Procedure in sql server:
Sql- Create a Stored Procedure by GUI:
- Step 1: Open the sql server make database with defined tables.
- Step2: Explore the database –> Table-> Programmability-> Store Procedure.
- Step3: Right Click on Store Procedure And select New Procedure.