ASP.NET MVC 5 and MVC 6 Features:
Features of asp.net mvc 5:
- Filter overrides.
- Bootstrap in the MVC 5 templates.
- ASP.NET MVC 5 App with Google OAuth2 and OpenID Sign-on in (C#).
- New Authentication system in MVC 5. i.e. Asp.Net Identity.
- New feature to create an ASP.NET MVC 5 App with Facebook Sign-on in (C#).
- New feature to Configure Authentication, when click Configure Authentication link at the time when we open new project.
- Authentication Filters.
Asp.net MVC 5 Framework :
- Empty Template
- ASP.NET Web API Template
- Single Page Application Template
- Internet Application Template
- Intranet Application Template
- Asp.Net Identity
- Mobile Project Template
- Bootstrap in the MVC 5 templates
- Filter overrides
- Authentication Filters
Features of asp.net mvc 6:
- Asp MVC 6 added new cloud computing optimization system of MVC, web API, SignalR and entity framework.
- The Microsoft make a bundle of MVC, Web API, WebPages, Signal, That bundle we called MVC 6.
- Microsoft removed the dependency of system.web.dll from MVC 6 because it's so expensive. Typically it consumes 30K memory per request/response. Right now, in MVC 6 consume 2K memory per request response. It's too small memory consume.
- Most of the problem solved using the Roslyn Compiler.
- The ASP .Net vNext used the Roslyn Compiler, by using Roslyn compiler do not need to compile the application its compile automatically the application code.
- The .Net vNext is a cross platform and open source.
- The .Net vNext has the new project extension project.json. Basically project. json contains the all dependency dll of the application.
- In MVC 5.1 and 5.2 supports to Enum and EnumHelper in razor views.